Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Garlic-Gruyere Mashed Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Yukon gold potatoes have a naturally yellow color and a rich, buttery-tasting flavor, making excellent mashed potatoes. They can also be baked, sauteed. or fried.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes (See Note)
- 6 tablespoons hot milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gruyere or other Swiss cheese
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
What to Do
- Peel potatoes; cut into 1-inch cubes. Cook in boiling water to cover 12 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher; stir in milk, sour cream, butter, salt, pepper, and garlic and mix until blended.
- Stir in cheese and scallions. Serve immediately or keep warm until ready to serve.
Save time by having all the ingredients measured out so that, while the potatoes are hot, you can add the remaining ingredients, and the cheese will melt easily. Drain the potato water (while hot) into a heat-proof serving bowl. Let sit for a few minutes while you mix everything together. Then pour out, rinse bowl, and spoon in hot mashed potatoes. This trick helps your potatoes stay warm for serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 316
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 17g 26 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 53 %
- Trans Fat 0.3g 0 %
- Protein 12g 23 %
- Cholesterol 52mg 17 %
- Sodium 438mg 18 %
- Total Carbohydrates 31g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 4.3g 17 %
- Sugars 4.2g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.