Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Lone Star State Fries
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Lone Star State Fries are big and spicy, just like Texas, the Lone Star State.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds), with skin on
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine paprika, chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Seal bag and shake to mix.
- Cut each potato in half then each half into 4 flat wedges. Add peanut oil and potatoes to seasoning in bag then close tightly and shake to coat well.
- Spread potatoes in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake 20 to 22 minutes, or until fork-tender. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and serve immediately.
Sure, you can peel the potatoes if you want, but we like the extra crunchiness of the skin. Besides, the skin is good for us!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.