The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
Banana Nut Bread Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who wouldn't go bananas over this old-fashioned comforting bread pudding? Banana Nut Bread Pudding is an awesome, change-of-pace taste from traditional, and one you're sure to make again and again.
What You'll Need:
- 4 cups 1-inch cubes French or Italian bread (day old is better)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 firm bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 2-1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Place bread cubes in prepared dish. Pour butter over bread cubes and toss to coat.
- In a medium bowl, mix eggs, milk, granulated sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla, and salt. Stir in bananas. Pour over bread cubes and gently stir to coat. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining vanilla, the confectioners' sugar, and heavy cream, until smooth. Pour over bread pudding and serve warm or cold.
If you loved this simple banana recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Irresistible Banana Recipes: 36 Recipes with Bananas.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 909
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 28g 42 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 55 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 29g 57 %
- Cholesterol 133mg 44 %
- Sodium 1,243mg 52 %
- Total Carbohydrates 139g 46 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.2g 25 %
- Sugars 50g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Hosting a party or attending a potluck? Break out the pita chips and set out a bowl of this Summer Party Salad. This diabetic-friendly salad is full of color, taste, and nutrition 'cause it's loaded with a variety of delicious summer veggies!