Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Maui Maui Rice
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Experience a Polynesian luau with every bite. All you need now is a grass skirt and some Hawaiian dancers!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, undrained
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper (about 1 large pepper)
- 1 1/3 cups instant rice, uncooked
- 10 maraschino cherries
What to Do
In a medium-sized saucepan, combine all ingredients except rice and maraschino cherries. Bring to a boil then stir in rice.
Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Garnish with cherries.
We recommend serving this with roast pork or turkey.