Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Potato Crusted Pizza
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Score a tasty touch down at half-time with this awesome and novel Potato Crusted Pizza! You just may get more attention than the players on the field when you serve this one up!
What You'll Need
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 pounds Idaho Russet potatoes (about 4 medium), scrubbed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup beef or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into rings
- 4 ounces crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 to 10 fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
What to Do
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper and cornstarch; set aside. Using a food processor or mandoline, slice potatoes very thinly and place them in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle half the cornstarch mixture over potato slices; toss potatoes, then sprinkle them with remaining cornstarch mixture.
Brush 1 tablespoon of oil over a 12-inch round pizza pan. Layer potatoes on pan, overlapping slices to cover the pan completely. Sprinkle potatoes with broth, brush them with remaining oil, then press potatoes down firmly with your hands to compact them into a crust.
On a lower oven rack, bake potato crust 20 to 30 minutes, or until edges are browned and potatoes are tender.
- Remove potato crust from oven and gently spread pesto over it. Top with cooked chicken, pepper rings, feta, and Parmesan cheeses. Bake another 10 minutes, or until feta is softened and pizza is heated through. Remove from oven, sprinkle with basil, and cut into wedges.
This recipe won first prize in the Grown in Idaho Recipe Contest, so you know it's good!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone wants to feel a little special during the holiday. An easy--and tasty--way to do that is to shake up Christmas dinner with our Lemon-Rosemary Roasted Cornish Hens! Once you roast up these tender hens, you can serve everyone their own perfectly-sized main dish! It'll be the juiciest and most flavorful Christmas dinner the family has ever had.