Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The tiny, delicate German noodle known as spaetzle is more popular than ever! Our easy recipe for Special Spaetzle will make your gang feel special, because you made it from scratch.
What You'll Need
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
What to Do
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and the pepper; mix well. Add the eggs and water; mix with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Bring a large pot of water to a hard, rolling boil over high heat; add remaining salt. In batches, drizzle the batter from a wide slotted spoon into the boiling water. When the spaetzle (noodles) float to the top of the water, remove them with a slotted spoon and drain in a colander. Place in a bowl, add butter and parsley, and stir gently just until mixed.
Click here to check out all the crazy good Oktoberfest recipes that the Test Kitchen is cookin' up!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potato pancakes are a symbolic and scrumptious treat commonly made for Hanukkah. Not only are they super crispy and really tasty, but thanks to the pre-shredded potatoes you can find at your favorite supermarket, these Simple Shredded Potato Pancakes are, well, simple to make!