The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Swedish Mashed Potato Pancakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
I knew a very good Swedish cook who always made these for her family. If they're good enough for her family, you betcha they're good enough for us!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons (¼ cup) butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 1/2 cups instant mashed potato flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, milk, butter, salt, cumin, and onion powder. As soon as mixture comes to a boil, remove the saucepan from the heat and add the potato flakes; mix until smooth.
- Add the parsley and egg and mix again until smooth.
- Form mixture into 8 equal-sized patties. Brush both sides with the oil and place on a large nonstick cookie sheet that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray. Bake for 25 minutes, turning once halfway through the cooking.
Makes 8 pancakes.
Try making the patties half the size directed in the recipe and they'll be perfect for snacks or hors d'oeuvres.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Warm Bacon Dressing
Mmm! Any salad would love to be dressed with this easy-to-make Warm Bacon Dressing! But don't stop there...it's great over almost any vegetables.