Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The batter surrounding our Swell Potatoes will swell when these are fried...and your head will swell with all the compliments they get you!
What You'll Need:
- 4 medium-sized potatoes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Salt for sprinkling, optional
What To Do:
- Wash the potatoes and cut into 1/8-inch slices.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, dillweed, mustard powder, and cayenne pepper.
- In a small bowl, beat milk and egg then add to flour mixture to form a smooth batter.
- In a large skillet or a deep fryer, heat 1/2 inch oil over medium-high heat. Dip potato slices in batter then fry them until crisp and brown. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt, if desired.
Since these swell, they're best when served immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You don't need a fancy rotisserie to make the best roasted chicken - all you need is a Bundt pan! Our Herb Roasted Bundt Pan Chicken is so moist and flavorful, you'll wonder why you've never tried roasting your chicken like this before. (We just love how the chicken picks up the flavors from the herbs and wine in the pan!)