Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes and More
Ultimate Mashed Potatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These really are the Ultimate Mashed Potatoes! The not-so-secret ingredient, sour cream, adds the extra creamy flavor that you crave from the perfect mashed potato recipe.
What You'll Need
- 8 Idaho russet potatoes (about 3 pounds), cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Place potatoes in a large pot and add enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook potatoes 20 to 25 minutes, or until fork-tender; drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, sour cream, milk, butter, salt, and pepper; beat with an electric mixer until smooth and well blended.