Whipped Potato Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Whipped Potato Salad is a Midwestern style potato salad that's sure to please.
What You'll Need
- 8 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks (see Note)
- 1/4 cup pickle relish
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed (or chopped green bell pepper)
What to Do
- Place potatoes in a large pot, add enough salted water to cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 25 to 30 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Drain and reserve cooking water.
- Mash the potatoes then add pickle relish, milk, butter, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper. Whip well, adding reserved cooking water as needed to achieve desired consistency. Stir in eggs and peas. Serve warm or chilled.
If you'd prefer, go ahead and start with instant mashed potatoes instead of fresh.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.