We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Yep, they're a winner! These aren't your everyday, ordinary French fries Winning Fries beat out the rest 'cause they're finished with grated Parmesan, chives, and a touch of salt. Serve this easy-to-make, prize-winning go-along, and you'll be rewarded with raves!
What You'll Need
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 4 pounds (8 to 10) Idaho russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- Salt to taste
What to Do
- Fill a deep soup pot 1/3 full with vegetable oil and heat to 350 degree F. over medium heat. If you prefer to use a deep fryer, follow the manufacturers' instructions to heat oil to 350 degree F.
- Meanwhile, leaving the skin on, cut potatoes into the shape of French fries, and place in water. Once all potatoes are cut, drain well and pat dry with paper towels.
- Once oil has reached 350 degree F., in small batches, carefully place potatoes in oil and cook until golden. Using a wire basket or slotted spoon, remove fries and drain excess oil; repeat until all potatoes are cooked.
- Place fries in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with cheese, chives, and salt; toss to coat then serve immediately.
- For a rich, classic taste, you may want to spray the finished fries with truffle oil before sprinkling with the cheese, chives, and salt. You should be able to find truffle oil in your supermarket.
- Plus, if you loved these homemade French fries, check out our recipe for Homemade Onion Rings!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 227
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5g 2 %
- Saturated Fat 0.8g 4 %
- Trans Fat 0.0 0 %
- Protein 6.7g 13 %
- Cholesterol 3.7mg 1 %
- Sodium 112mg 5 %
- Total Carbohydrates 48g 16 %
- Dietary Fiber 7.3g 29 %
- Sugars 3.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We're so crazy about carrots we like to use 'em in everything from soups to desserts. This recipe for Crazy Carrot Pancakes is a bit unexpected, but a lot welcomed, 'cause it's crazy easy, crazy good, and there's not a person who tries 'em who isn't crazy about 'em afterwards!