We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1/2 cup
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr
On cold winter nights, creamy and cozy dishes are just what we need. That's why we came up with this recipe for Winter Rice. It's a creamy and cheesy rice dish that goes well with just about anything, and fills you up with lots of comforting goodness.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup long-grain or whole-grain rice, uncooked
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, melt butter, sauté onion 5 minutes. Add rice and continue to sauté for 7 to 10 minutes, until rice begins to brown.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender and mixture is creamy.
- Garnish with scallion rings for the perfect finishing touch!
- If you like this recipe, you should check out our FREE eCookbook, Red Carpet Rice Dishes: 28 Easy Rice Recipes for Everyone.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 204
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1g 12 %
- Saturated Fat 3.5g 18 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 7.5g 15 %
- Cholesterol 16mg 5 %
- Sodium 565mg 24 %
- Total Carbohydrates 25g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.1g 4 %
- Sugars 2.5g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These peanut butter muffins are worth a presidential seal of approval - they're that good! Our Presiential Peanut Muffins are crazy-moist and are topped with a nutty streusel mixture that makes them addictively-good. You won't want to pass up on these!