We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Banana Pudding is a creamy, classic Southern dessert that's traditionally served warm. Our homemade version is a sweet treat that can be served anytime!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups plus 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup milk
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1 whole egg
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12-ounce) package vanilla wafers
- 4 bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line the bottom of a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with vanilla wafers.
- In a large saucepan, combine 2 cups sugar, flour, and salt. Add evaporated milk, milk, egg yolks, and the whole egg; stir well and place over medium heat. Cook 10 to 12 minutes, or until the custard is think and coats a spoon, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and add the butter and vanilla, stirring until the butter melts. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Slice bananas and place over vanilla wafers. Pour the custard over the bananas.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy; add remaining sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Spread evenly over the custard in the baking dish, covering completely.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm, or allow to cool then cover and chill until ready to serve.
If you loved this simple banana recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Irresistible Banana Recipes: 36 Recipes with Bananas.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll impress everyone at the dinner table with this recipe for Grape Stompin' Chicken. The light cream sauce that goes over the chicken breasts is delicious, especially since it's accented with the flavors of fresh grapes and a splash of wine.