We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
With just a few simple ingredients, this easy Egg Custard recipe is just like the one momma use to make. It's so rich, creamy, and smooth there's no way anyone can resist this Southern classic. Serve it with fresh fruit or chocolate drizzle - you can't go wrong!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine sugar, flour, and eggs; mix well. Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Pour mixture into pie plate. Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until center is firm.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly and serve warm, or allow to cool then cover and chill until ready to serve. (see Note.)
- The center will fall slightly after it cools, but no worries - it's still yummy!
- If you want to make an egg custard pie, pour the custard filling into a thawed 9-inch frozen ready-to-bake deep-dish pie crust and proceed as directed above.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This cookie recipe combines two of Mrs. Claus' holiday favorites: gingerbread and eggnog! Mrs. Claus' Holiday Cookie Cups look great on a Christmas cookie platter, but they taste even better. After all, what could be better than a gingerbread cup filled with a fluffy eggnog cream? (Rumor has it that Santa and the elves really love these!)