Silky Rice Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We're taking you back-to-the-basics with this one, 'cause our Silky Rice Pudding is about as easy as it gets. We've taken away all the guess work in making the perfect rice pudding, so now all you need to worry about is the garnishing. This recipe makes a great base for any gussied up rice pudding!
What You'll Need
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, combine rice, half-and-half, sugar, salt, and butter.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened, about 20 minutes, stirring often. Add vanilla, stir, and chill until ready to serve.
- How about garnishing each serving with a dollop of whipped cream and a a dash or two of cinnamon? That makes it perfect!
- Different ethnic groups have their own versions of rice pudding. The Italian version is called "budino di riso" and the Hispanic version is "arroz con leche." This is our basic recipe, but feel free to add your own special touches like raisins, orange zest, or a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 0 %
- Saturated Fat 0.0 0 %
- Trans Fat 0.0 0 %
- Protein 0.0 0 %
- Cholesterol 0.0 0 %
- Sodium 0.0 0 %
- Total Carbohydrates 0.0 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 0 %
- Sugars 0.0 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a nostalgic strawberry shortcake recipe, our Icebox Strawberry Shortcake Bars will make you feel like a kid again. The creamy strawberry taste is perfect for an outdoor picnic, a get-together, or as a romantic dessert.