The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
Caramel Bread Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Boy, we love bread pudding. Serve it hot and we're happy. Serve it cold and we're happy, too. Now imagine bread pudding laced with warm, gooey caramel! All we need to add is some fresh whipped cream and dessert will be complete.
What You'll Need
- 1 loaf (1 pound) day-old French or Italian bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups warm water
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
- 30 caramels, chopped
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together the bread and water, soaking the bread.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and stir in the heavy cream. Add to the soaked bread along with the remaining ingredients.
- Place in the baking dish and bake for 60 to 65 minutes, or until the center is firm. Serve warm, or allow to cool completely, cover, and chill.
You can use vanilla or chocolate caramels, or even a combination of both. And for the finishing touch, sprinkle the pudding with some "snowy" confectioners' sugar just before serving.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Talk about taking comfort food to a whole new level. This recipe combines two tried-and-true favorites: chili and macaroni and cheese. The result is one beefy, cheesy, casserole that's good till the very last bite. Oh, and did we mention it's got a crispy topping?