Classic Vanilla Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
This thick, traditional pudding always puts a smile on our face 'cause it reminds us of Mom's old-fashioned vanilla pudding. Yup, there's nothing like a little Classic Vanilla Pudding to bring back good childhood memories.
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk milk and egg yolks; gradually stir into saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, or until mixture thickens and is bubbling, whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla. Spoon into individual serving dishes or a large bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap directly on surface of pudding and refrigerate 4 hours, or until firm.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
It just doesn't get more refreshing than watermelon pops in the summer! Plus, watermelon is a great fruit to help keep you hydrated when the sun is blazing overhead. We like to add a little bit of something extra to our Fruity Watermelon Pops by mixing in chopped berries or fresh mint! Yum!