The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
Creamy Rice and Apple Pudding
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Everybody loves good old-fashioned rice pudding and now we can make it extra special by adding fresh apples for the best of all worlds! Creamy Rice and Apple Pudding is fresh, smooth, creamy, and delicious!
What You'll Need
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking rice
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped (peeled) apple (about 1 small apple) (see Notes)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, rice, sugar, and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Beat 2 tablespoons hot rice mixture into the eggs, beating constantly; stir this mixture into rice mixture remaining in saucepan. Stir in chopped apple. Cook and stir over low heat for 30 seconds longer; do not boil.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla extract, and pour into a large serving bowl or individual serving dishes. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Sprinkle with chopped nuts before serving.
We suggest using Golden Delicious apples because they don't turn brown as fast as other apples. Also, the pudding thickens when chilled.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 237
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0g 11 %
- Saturated Fat 2.2g 11 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 8.0g 16 %
- Cholesterol 70mg 23 %
- Sodium 268mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 35g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.9g 4 %
- Sugars 15g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Need a full-of-flavor pork tenderloin recipe that's also quick to get on the table? Well then, our Skillet Parmesan Pork is perfect for you! The whole family will love the seasoned-to-perfection taste, and you'll love that it comes together in about 10 minutes. Sound too good to be true? Well, go ahead and give yourself a pinch, cause not only is this real, but it's perfect to make any night of the week!