The Proof is in the Pudding: 20 Amazing Bread Pudding Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, & More
Traditional English Pudding Dessert
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who would've thought that you could make a Traditional English Pudding Dessert in a deep-fryer? Serve it up with fresh fruit or vanilla ice cream for a sweet treat that's sure to please!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 4 tablespoons jam, any flavor
What to Do
- Fill fryer to the MAX fill line with water. Set to 375 degrees F and bring to a boil. This will take approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Water may need to be added if steamer is used for more than 60 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Slowly add in the flour, eggs, salt, and milk, continue to blend until batter is smooth.
- Coat a 1-quart, heat-proof bowl with non-stick cooking spray. Put jam in the bottom of the bowl, pour and smooth batter over the jam. Cover with foil, tucking the edges carefully around the rim of the bowl.
- Place covered bowl in the basket. Using the drain clip, hook basket onto the inner pot. (Note: Do not lower basket into water when steaming.) Cover and steam for 75 minutes, then carefully remove from steamer, and invert pudding onto a serving plate. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, fruit, or extra jam.
Pick a dish that fits in the basket. Keep the lid closed and don't peek, let it steam for 75 minutes. This dessert is not only easy but surprisingly good, especially with your favorite vanilla ice cream or drizzled with sweetened condensed milk!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 397
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17g 27 %
- Saturated Fat 10g 52 %
- Trans Fat 0.6g 0 %
- Protein 5.8g 12 %
- Cholesterol 103mg 34 %
- Sodium 358mg 15 %
- Total Carbohydrates 55g 18 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.8g 3 %
- Sugars 31g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
For a fresh and quick meal, whip up our Fresh Garden Pasta! Made with all the warm weather favorites, like zucchini, summer squash, and onion chunks, our garden veggie angel pasta is a flavorful symphony of flavors. Dig in to enjoy the combination of roasted veggies that rests beautifully on top of some angel hair pasta! But the best part of this summer pasta recipe? It's totally budget-friendly! Plus, you can easily swap out your roasted veggies based on what's in your kitchen or available at the local farmer's market.