Classic Pan Gravy
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Homemade gravy for the holidays is a must! And our easy holiday recipe for Classic Pan Gravy, will beat store-bought by a mile. Drizzle this one over your turkey and creamy mashed potatoes with pride.
What You'll Need
- Pan drippings from roasted turkey
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 to 4 cups chicken broth
What to Do
- Remove cooked turkey from roasting pan. Pour pan drippings into a 4-cup measuring cup and skim off 1/2 cup of the fat (the clear oily liquid) that rises to the top.
- Pour the 1/2 cup fat into a saucepan and whisk in flour. Cook over medium heat until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Skim off and discard any additional fat from the drippings in the measuring cup and add enough chicken broth to make 4 cups of liquid total.
- Pour drippings mixture into saucepan and continue cooking gravy until it boils and thickens, stirring constantly.
- To give the gravy a rich color, add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon browning and seasoning sauce.
- For gravy tips and recipes, click here.
- Nutrition information for this recipe is not provided as individual results will vary based on the amount of each ingredient used..
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking for that farm-to-table taste during dinnertime? Well with our homemade tomato sauce, you'll get just that. Our Blender Tomato Sauce is as easy as blend, simmer, and enjoy! With fresh ingredients, and nothing but organic spices, this tomato sauce recipe will please everyone's Italian grandma!