We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Thereâ€™s no better topping for steak, chicken or burgers than this mushroom trio! Surprisingly easy to make, it teams white, Portobello and shiitake mushrooms with just the right flavorings to create the most decadent topping.
What You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (6-ounce) package Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (3.5-ounce) package shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons bourbon or dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and black pepper, and saute 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is tender.
- Add mushrooms and saute 5 to 7 minutes, or until softened.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, or until sauce thickens.
Mushrooms pair well with everything, and this hearty trio is no exception! Try 'em topping steaks, chops, or even burgers for a burst of flavor.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The great thing about beets is they're available all year long, and while they are quite versatile, pickling them is the most popular way to cook this colorful veggie. So grab a pot, boil some water, and start slicing, 'cause this Amish Pickled Beets recipe is one you won't want to miss!