We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Thereâ€™s no better topping for steak, chicken or burgers than this mushroom trio! Surprisingly easy to make, it teams white, Portobello and shiitake mushrooms with just the right flavorings to create the most decadent topping.
What You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (6-ounce) package Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (3.5-ounce) package shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons bourbon or dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and black pepper, and saute 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is tender.
- Add mushrooms and saute 5 to 7 minutes, or until softened.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, or until sauce thickens.
Mushrooms pair well with everything, and this hearty trio is no exception! Try 'em topping steaks, chops, or even burgers for a burst of flavor.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.