We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Warm, buttery smooth roasted garlic makes an amazing spread for bread or crackers, and a flavorful mix-in for mashed potatoes, pasta, and so much more. Our easy instructions will have you wondering why you never tried this before!
What You'll Need
- 1 large unpeeled garlic bulb
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse (kosher) salt
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cut garlic bulb in half crosswise (horizontally) and place on a piece of aluminum foil. Lightly sprinkle cut sides with oil and salt. Put the two halves back together and wrap tightly in foil.
- Bake 1-1/2 to 2 hours then open warm bulb and use as a spread in place of butter.
While our mouths are watering, why not throw together a delicious Caesar salad as a go-along!
Minced Garlic in No Time
- Separate a clove of garlic from bulb and peel it; hold end with your fingers.
- While holding end of clove, on a plate or in a shallow bowl, rub garlic with tines of a fork, sort of mashing it. That's it!