Sweet Pepper Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Know how all the fancy restaurants are charging a special price for your pasta when they serve it with sweet red pepper sauce? Well, you can make it your own special way by adding a touch of fennel seed or nutmeg, some ground oregano, or more or less of any of the other ingredients. Here's how easy ...
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 rib celery with leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup seeded and coarsely chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (16-ounce) jar roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Sauté the onions and celery over medium heat until golden and wilted. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more. Add the tomatoes, thyme, and roasted peppers. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until thickened.
- Purée in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Makes about 1-1/2 cups.
Serve with pasta, seafood, poultry, or eggs.