Tomato Festival Relish
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ruby red tomatoes transform into a fresh tomato relish perfect as a salad or a topper for any of our main-dish favorites. Tomato Festival Relish celebrates the famous annual La Tomatina Festival in Spain, and can be on your table any time.
What You'll Need:
- 4 or 5 large ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What To Do:
Cut tomatoes in half crosswise then squeeze gently to remove juice and seeds; cut tomatoes into cubes and place in medium bowl.
Add remaining ingredients to tomatoes; mix well.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Mr. Food is a tomato-lover, and he thinks this tastes best at room temperature, so if you make it ahead of time, try letting it sit for a few minutes before serving.
- We've got even more easy tomato recipes where this came from! Check out our collection of Fresh Tomato Recipes: 20 Can't-Miss Recipes with Tomatoes.
- For more fantastic dinner topping recipes, check out our collection of Homemade Sauce Recipes: 35 Pasta Sauce Recipes, BBQ Sauces, and More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Imagine the taste of your favorite apple pie, combined with the taste of your favorite apple cobbler, served on a homemade shortbread crust. That's exactly what these Apple Cobbler Shortbread Squares taste like! This is a great apple dessert bar to make in the fall or anytime you get a craving for something apple-icious!