The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
Homemade Sauce Recipes: 35 Pasta Sauce Recipes, BBQ Sauces, and More
Tomato Festival Relish
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- 3 cups
- 10 Min
Ruby red tomatoes transform into a fresh tomato relish perfect as a salad or a topper for any of our main-dish favorites. Tomato Festival Relish celebrates the famous annual La Tomatina Festival in Spain, and can be on your table any time.
What You'll Need
- 4 or 5 large ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
Cut tomatoes in half crosswise then squeeze gently to remove juice and seeds; cut tomatoes into cubes and place in medium bowl.
Add remaining ingredients to tomatoes; mix well.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Mr. Food is a tomato-lover, and he thinks this tastes best at room temperature, so if you make it ahead of time, try letting it sit for a few minutes before serving.
- We've got even more easy tomato recipes where this came from! Check out our collection of Fresh Tomato Recipes: 20 Can't-Miss Recipes with Tomatoes.
- For more fantastic dinner topping recipes, check out our collection of Homemade Sauce Recipes: 35 Pasta Sauce Recipes, BBQ Sauces, and More.
Jul 24, 2012
My tomatoe plants are loaded but not yet ripe..so naturally, I am looking for all kinds of recipes, especially like this one..and can hardly wait to apply it!
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Best Ever Picnic Butter
When it comes to butter, we found a better way! Our Best Ever Picnic Butter is the perfect Memorial Day recipe because it makes everything better!