Zippy Tartar Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Planning to serve up some fish 'n' chips for dinner? This recipe for Zippy Tartar Sauce is so easy to make, you'll never get the store-bought kind again!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sweet pickle relish, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, relish, and onion; mix well. Squeeze the lemon juice into the sauce, discarding any pits, and stir until well combined.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to use.
Today we're really lucky to have a variety of sweet onions available, and any of them will work here- from Vidalias to Texas 1015s, Maui Mauis, and Walla Wallas. Or just use red onions if these aren't available.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a nostalgic strawberry shortcake recipe, our Icebox Strawberry Shortcake Bars will make you feel like a kid again. The creamy strawberry taste is perfect for an outdoor picnic, a get-together, or as a romantic dessert.