Zippy Tartar Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Planning to serve up some fish 'n' chips for dinner? This recipe for Zippy Tartar Sauce is so easy to make, you'll never get the store-bought kind again!
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sweet pickle relish, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion (see Note)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, relish, and onion; mix well. Squeeze the lemon juice into the sauce, discarding any pits, and stir until well combined.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to use.
Today we're really lucky to have a variety of sweet onions available, and any of them will work here- from Vidalias to Texas 1015s, Maui Mauis, and Walla Wallas. Or just use red onions if these aren't available.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Instead of cooking ham or prime rib for Easter, why not try something new this year? Our Herb-Crusted Lamb with Mint Sauce may look and sound fancy, but it's really easy to do. It's basically a rack of lamb that's coated with herbs and spices before it's roasted to perfection. Just before serving, it's finished off with a mint-wine reduction. The end result is an Easter-worthy main dish that'll impress everyone at the table.