Pulled Chicken Sandwich
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This pulled chicken recipe using chicken thighs is a money-saving mealtime idea! You'll savor this classic Southern sandwich that's flavorful and hearty enough for lunch or dinner! Everyone will be asking for more of these Pulled Chicken Sandwiches!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 medium-sized onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 long (16- to 20-ounce) French baguette bread
- 4 slices American cheese
What to Do
- In a large skillet, cook chicken and onions over medium-high heat 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in barbecue sauce, water, and brown sugar; cover and cook 7 to 8 minutes, or until no pink remains in chicken.
- Remove skillet from heat then remove chicken from skillet. Using 2 forks, shred chicken by pulling it apart, or chop chicken into small pieces. Return chicken to skillet and stir until evenly coated with sauce. Return skillet to stovetop and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Cut baguette into 4 even pieces and slice each piece lengthwise in half. Divide chicken mixture evenly over the 4 bottom pieces of bread, top chicken with cheese slices, and serve.
Plus, be sure to pair this recipe with one of our 12 Easy Coleslaw Recipes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Back-to-School Cookies make the perfect lunchbox treat or after-school snack. These easy-to-make cookies start out from a box of cake mix and get their extra-crunchiness from graham crackers and their chocolaty-sweetness from lots of chocolate chips. Kids of all ages will love them!