Cheesy Muffin Melts
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These personal-size portions of English muffin pizzas are the perfect solution for a quick dinner, tasty snack or even casual entertaining. Cheesy Muffin Melts are melt-in-your mouth pizzas that can save the day.
What You'll Need
- 6 English muffins, split
- 1/4 cup (1/2-stick) butter, softened
- 2 medium tomatoes, each sliced into six ¼-inch slices
- 12 slices (9 ounces) American cheese
What to Do
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place the muffin halves cut side up on a cookie sheet. Spread the butter evenly over them. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown.
- Remove from the broiler. Place a tomato slice, then a cheese slice on each half. Broil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the cheese begins to brown. Remove from the broiler and serve.
Today there are so many sliced cheese choices that we're certainly not limited to American cheese. Why not use Cheddar slices one time, Muenster another, and on and on.