The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
Puff Shells are great because they can be made to taste either savory or sweet. They're great as an entree or a snack!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut into quarters
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water, butter, and salt to a boil over medium-high heat. Add the flour all at once and stir quickly with a wooden spoon until the mixture forms a ball; remove pan from the heat.
- Add 1 egg and beat with the wooden spoon to blend. Add the remaining eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. When the dough is smooth, spoon 1/4-cup mounds of dough onto a cookie sheet, leaving 2 inches between each dough mound.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden and puffy. Transfer the puffs to a wire rack and let cool completely. With a sharp knife, cut puffs in half horizontally before filling.
For Lunch or Dinner: Fill puffs with tuna, chicken, egg, or seafood salad.
For Dessert: Fill puffs with pudding, mousse, or custard and top with whipped cream, chocolate chips or other garnishes.
Preparation Tip: To make mini puff shells, drop the dough by tablespoonfuls and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden.
Yields about 1 dozen shells.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Warm Bacon Dressing
Mmm! Any salad would love to be dressed with this easy-to-make Warm Bacon Dressing! But don't stop there...it's great over almost any vegetables.