Avocado Tortilla Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Want to add a new taste to your tortilla soup? Throw in some avocados! Avocado-Tortilla Soup is a Mexican feast.
What You'll Need
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup salsa (See Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 corn tortillas, cut into eighths
- 2 fully ripened Haas avocados, halved and pitted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, combine chicken broth, onion, salsa, and cumin; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté the tortilla strips 2 to 3 minutes, or until lightly browned, turning to brown both sides; drain on paper towels.
- Just before serving, slice one avocado and dice the other. Stir the diced avocado into the soup. Ladle the soup into individual serving bowls, and evenly top each with avocado slices, tortilla strips, and cheese. Serve immediately.
- This can be as mild or spicy as you like, depending on the intensity of the salsa you use. No tortillas on hand? No problem! Crush up some corn chips and sprinkle those over the top of the soup.
- If you're looking for more hearty soup recipes, check out 17 Sensational Soup Recipes today!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
French toast typically means sticky hands and mouths (and lots of napkins!), but with our recipe for Maple French Toast Sticks you don't have to worry about that 'cause the flavorings and the rich maple syrup are already cooked in!