Beefy Good Onion Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fans of traditional French Onion Soup are going to be so excited to try this "beefed up" version. By adding hearty beef chunks to a classic-style base, we've come up with a delicious soup recipe we like to call our Beefy Good Onion Soup.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 8 medium-sized onions, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound boneless beef chuck steak, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 4 cans (101/2 ounces each) condensed beef broth
What to Do
- Melt the butter in a 6-quart pressure cooker and sauté the onions with the salt and pepper over high heat for 10 to 12 minutes, uncovered, or until the onions are golden. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the beef and brown for 5 minutes, uncovered. Stir in the broth. Lock the lid in place and bring to full pressure over high heat. When the pressure regulator begins to rock, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes. Cool cooker at once by placing under cold running water steam no longer escapes from the vent pipe and the pressure is completely reduced. Remove the lid. Return the onions to the pot and heat over medium heat, uncovered, until the onions are warmed through.
For an easy traditional cheese topping, place a slice of Swiss cheese on top of each of 4 to 6 slices of French bread and broil in a toaster oven until the cheese melts. Carefully place each piece of bread over a bowl of soup and serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Easter Egg Bread recipe is sure to become an Easter tradition for years to come! This eye-catching Easter bread recipe is a pull-apart sweet bread that has colorful Easter eggs baked right in. It's such a sweet and colorful dessert, no one will be able to resist pulling off a piece of this Easter bread recipe. Kids and adults alike will love tearing off a piece and enjoying this sweet, festive sweet bread recipe.