Butternut Squash & Apple Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Since butternut squash and apples are both fall favorites, we thought it'd be tasty to combine the two to make an extra-comforting soup. Our Butternut Squash & Apple Soup is an easy twist on the classic butternut soup recipe you've made all your life. The chopped apple and bit of cinnamon add the perfect touch of spice and sweetness.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen cubed butternut squash, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 apple, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
What to Do
- In a large soup pot over medium heat, melt butter and cook squash, onion and apple for 8 to 10 minutes, or until squash begins to soften.
- Add chicken broth, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes or until squash is very soft.
- Pour into a blender and puree the soup until smooth. Careful, it will be hot! Place back in pot and stir in half and half. Heat for 5 minutes or until heated through.
If you have an immersion blender, this would be a great time to use it rather than pureeing in a blender.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 157
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 5.9g 29 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 2.6g 5 %
- Cholesterol 26mg 9 %
- Sodium 529mg 22 %
- Total Carbohydrates 18g 6 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.8g 7 %
- Sugars 6.6g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This easy recipe is sure to become a family-favorite! Our Beef 'n' Broccoli Noodle Toss is an Asian-inspired dish that starts with budget-friendly ramen noodles. Whip it up for a quick weeknight dinner that's sure to please everyone!