Carrot and Parsnip Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This can be a harvest in itself! If you let this simmer on the stove all day, by dinnertime they'll be drooling just from the aroma. Better keep a close eye on the pot, though, 'cause otherwise there may not be any soup left for supper!
What You'll Need
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large parsnip, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill (see Note)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot, bring the chicken broth, carrots, parsnip, potato, and onion to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the heat and mash.
- Add the milk, dill, and pepper; mix well and cook over medium-low heat for 6 to 8 minutes, or until heated through.
If I've got some fresh dill, I like to chop about 1 tablespoon of it for the soup (instead of the dried dill) and sprinkle some more over each serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 184
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8g 6 %
- Saturated Fat 2.0g 10 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 8.1g 16 %
- Cholesterol 12mg 4 %
- Sodium 862mg 36 %
- Total Carbohydrates 31g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.2g 21 %
- Sugars 14g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.