Chick Pea and Pasta Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There are endless regional versions of chicken soup - you know, the favorite comfort food - and they can all give us that warm cozy feeling of home. We can try a different version each time we make it, just by adding one or two special touches, like the chick peas in this one.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium-sized onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 (14-ounce) cans ready-to-use chicken broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can chick peas (garbanzo beans), undrained
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup uncooked ditalini or other medium-sized pasta shape
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium heat. Sauté the onions and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the pasta is tender. Serve immediately.