Creamy Corn and Potato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Making soup from scratch doesn't have to be a chore when you know shortcut secrets. Creamy Corn and Potato Soup is thickened by its potatoes and cream-style corn, so lip-smackin' goodness is guaranteed in every spoonful.
What You'll Need
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced (see Option)
- 3 (14-3/4-ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
What to Do
- In a soup pot, saute onion and carrots in butter over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes, or until tender.
- Add chicken broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook 12 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Add remaining ingredients, and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Give this even more color by using red-skinned potatoes (enough to equal 4 large white potatoes) and leaving their skin on.
If you enjoyed this homemade Creamy Corn and Potato Soup recipe, check out our free eCookbook, Comfort Food for the Soul: 40 Best Stews and Easy Soup Recipes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This simple, custard-style pie is made with a splash of something you might have caught Granny sippin' when no one was lookin'! Granny's Moonshine Pie is sweet, creamy, and great for sharing. Don't forget to top each slice with a dollop of our homemade whipped cream!