Creamy Corn and Potato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Making soup from scratch doesn't have to be a chore when you know shortcut secrets. Creamy Corn and Potato Soup is thickened by its potatoes and cream-style corn, so lip-smackin' goodness is guaranteed in every spoonful.
What You'll Need
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced (see Option)
- 3 (14-3/4-ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
What to Do
- In a soup pot, saute onion and carrots in butter over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes, or until tender.
- Add chicken broth and potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook 12 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Add remaining ingredients, and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Give this even more color by using red-skinned potatoes (enough to equal 4 large white potatoes) and leaving their skin on.
If you enjoyed this homemade Creamy Corn and Potato Soup recipe, check out our free eCookbook, Comfort Food for the Soul: 40 Best Stews and Easy Soup Recipes.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Need a full-of-flavor pork tenderloin recipe that's also quick to get on the table? Well then, our Skillet Parmesan Pork is perfect for you! The whole family will love the seasoned-to-perfection taste, and you'll love that it comes together in about 10 minutes. Sound too good to be true? Well, go ahead and give yourself a pinch, cause not only is this real, but it's perfect to make any night of the week!