Dynasty Noodle Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A taste of Asia in minutes...without leaving your own kitchen! Prepare this tasty takeout recipe to warm yourself up on a cold day.
What You'll Need
- 7 cups ready-to-use chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) bamboo shoots, drained
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about pound total), cut into -inch cubes
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 6 scallions, sliced
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine the chicken broth, soy sauce, mushrooms, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, chicken, and water over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Add the spaghetti and continue boiling for 8 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked.
- Top each serving with some of the scallions.
- Spaghetti is fine here but, if you can, try using Chinese rice noodles for an even more authentic taste. They're usually found in the ethnic section of the supermarket.
- Freezer Instructions: Follow instructions above. Allow soup to cool, place in freezer-safe container, and freeze. When ready to eat, thaw in fridge for 24 hours in advance or thaw in microwave on defrost. Reheat, serve, and enjoy!
- Looking for more traditional Chinese food recipes you can easily make at home? Don't miss our collection of 26 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a recipe that's anything but taxing! Uncle Sam's Pulled Pork is a budget-friendly, weeknight winner. In this recipe, we slow cook boneless pork butt to perfection with some chopped onions and a can of cola. A little BBQ sauce and it's ready to go! Just pile it onto a roll along with some of our homemade coleslaw and you're set for lots of "yum!"