Hot 'n' Sour Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What You'll Need
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 pound firm tofu, cut into small chunks
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup chicken broth and the cornstarch; mix well and set aside.
- In a soup pot, combine the remaining chicken broth, the tofu, mushrooms, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, and pepper; mix well and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low; stir in the cornstarch mixture until thickened.
- Slowly stir in the beaten egg to form egg strands.
- Add the bean sprouts and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sesame oil; mix well and serve.
Top each bowl with thinly sliced scallions and serve with Chinese noodles.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 276
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5g 7 %
- Saturated Fat 0.9g 5 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 20g 40 %
- Cholesterol 47mg 16 %
- Sodium 1,546mg 64 %
- Total Carbohydrates 41g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 9.1g 36 %
- Sugars 5.9g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Are you looking for the perfect side dish to pair with your favorite pot roast or German sausages? Try our Old-Fashioned German Stuffing! This hot and hearty stuffing is loaded with fresh sauerkraut, crumbled bacon, and rye bread, so you know it's got an authentic taste!