Italian Chicken Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Forget the big pot simmering on the stove for hours and don't worry about boning the chicken, either. Instead, enjoy the quick ease of this toss-together.
What You'll Need
- 7 cups water
- 6 (10.5-ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked orzo or acini di pepe pasta
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
What to Do
In a soup pot over high heat, combine the water, chicken broth, onion, carrots, bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, and red pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove and discard bay leaf. Add pasta and return to a boil. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until pasta is tender. Just before serving, stir in Romano cheese.
If you're not planning to serve all the soup right away, add the cheese to each individual serving bowl instead of stirring it into the whole batch.