We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
We remember when we were growing up how we'd always ask Grandma to make her special minestrone soup. We've added a bit of a twist to this traditional soup recipe by adding some hearty meatballs into the mix with this easy recipe for Meatball Minestrone. The combination of ground beef and vegetables is truly a can't-miss opportunity.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, undrained and divided
- 1 (32-ounce) container chicken broth
- 1 (1.4-ounce) package vegetable soup mix
- 60 to 64 frozen cooked meatballs (see note)
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 (10-ounce) bag fresh spinach, torn
What to Do
- Heat oil in a soup pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic, and saut 1 minute. Stir in 2 cans of beans and the chicken broth, and bring to a boil.
- Stir in vegetable soup mix until dissolved. Add meatballs, tomatoes, and red pepper; return to a boil.
- Add rotini, and cook 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in remaining can of beans and spinach; cook 5 more minutes. Garnish, if desired, with shredded Parmesan cheese or chopped fresh parsley.
Pick up 2 packages of frozen cooked meatballs from your grocer's freezer for this recipe. The packages come with 30 to 32 meatballs per pound.