We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
We remember when we were growing up how we'd always ask Grandma to make her special minestrone soup. We've added a bit of a twist to this traditional soup recipe by adding some hearty meatballs into the mix with this easy recipe for Meatball Minestrone. The combination of ground beef and vegetables is truly a can't-miss opportunity.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, undrained and divided
- 1 (32-ounce) container chicken broth
- 1 (1.4-ounce) package vegetable soup mix
- 60 to 64 frozen cooked meatballs (see note)
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 (10-ounce) bag fresh spinach, torn
What to Do
- Heat oil in a soup pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic, and saut 1 minute. Stir in 2 cans of beans and the chicken broth, and bring to a boil.
- Stir in vegetable soup mix until dissolved. Add meatballs, tomatoes, and red pepper; return to a boil.
- Add rotini, and cook 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in remaining can of beans and spinach; cook 5 more minutes. Garnish, if desired, with shredded Parmesan cheese or chopped fresh parsley.
Pick up 2 packages of frozen cooked meatballs from your grocer's freezer for this recipe. The packages come with 30 to 32 meatballs per pound.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This recipe comes straight to you from a galaxy far, far away, as we celebrate Star Wars Galaxy's Edge in Disney's Hollywood Studios. If you head that way and explore the vast Star Wars galaxy, you might find yourself in Docking Bay 7 to fuel up. That's where we got the inspiration for our version of this Braised Shaak Roast. This hearty beef recipe teams up with cavatelli pasta and lots of veggies, for a flavor-packed combo that makes this hearty and comforting recipe something worth bringing home.