We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These meatballs won't be sitting atop any plate of spaghetti. Our Meatball Soup just requires a spoon and a hearty appetite to enjoy every last drop.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 (1.1-ounce) envelope beefy onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine beef, rice, egg, and pepper; shape mixture into 1-inch meatballs. Place them on a rimmed baking sheet or waxpaper.
- In a saucepan, combine water, soup mix and thyme; bring to a boil, then carefully drop meatballs into boiling soup. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 25 minutes.
We sometimes like to use ground turkey or chicken in place of the ground beef for a lighter change. You can also add cut-up fresh or frozen veggies if you like (whatever ones are left over from last night's supper will work just great.)