Spicy Sausage and Bean Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What's the best part about a comforting bowl of this spicy sausage and bean soup recipe? Could it be that it's so chock-full of hearty ingredients that it's an easy main-dish soup...meaning we don't have to make another thing for dinner?!
What You'll Need:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound bulk hot sausage (see Note)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (15-1/2-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, undrained
- 2 (14-ounce) cans ready-to-use chicken broth
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage, onion, and garlic; cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until no pink remains in the sausage, stirring frequently to break up the meat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
I like this soup spicy, but if you prefer to use a mild sausage, or even turkey sausage, go ahead. Make it your own!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 188
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 18g 27 %
- Saturated Fat 9.2g 46 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 7.1g 14 %
- Cholesterol 41mg 14 %
- Sodium 425mg 18 %
- Total Carbohydrates 1.1g 0 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 0.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You don't need a fancy rotisserie to make the best roasted chicken - all you need is a Bundt pan! Our Herb Roasted Bundt Pan Chicken is so moist and flavorful, you'll wonder why you've never tried roasting your chicken like this before. (We just love how the chicken picks up the flavors from the herbs and wine in the pan!)