Spicy Sausage and Bean Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What's the best part about a comforting bowl of this spicy sausage and bean soup recipe? Could it be that it's so chock-full of hearty ingredients that it's an easy main-dish soup...meaning we don't have to make another thing for dinner?!
What You'll Need
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound bulk hot sausage (see Note)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (15-1/2-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, undrained
- 2 (14-ounce) cans ready-to-use chicken broth
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage, onion, and garlic; cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until no pink remains in the sausage, stirring frequently to break up the meat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
I like this soup spicy, but if you prefer to use a mild sausage, or even turkey sausage, go ahead. Make it your own!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 461
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 19g 29 %
- Saturated Fat 9.5g 47 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 24g 49 %
- Cholesterol 41mg 14 %
- Sodium 896mg 37 %
- Total Carbohydrates 51g 17 %
- Dietary Fiber 12g 48 %
- Sugars 1.7g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lookin' for just the right easy dinner recipe to keep your hubby happy? Then our recipe for Newlyweds' Pot Roast might just do the trick. Pop in a movie and get cozy while the pot roast simmers and get ready for those delicious aromas to start wafting from room to room. There's nothing like a homemade pot roast to show your loved one how much you care.