Super Easy Split Pea Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
For years my family begged me to re-create my grandma's split pea soup. I always avoided it because I thought it was too difficult. Well, I think this one comes really close - and it's easier! So, just add some T.L.C. and no one will know the difference.
What You'll Need
- 1 bag (14 ounces) dried split peas, rinsed and cleaned according to package directions
- 7 cups water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup grated carrots (2 to 3 carrots)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Combine all of the ingredients in a soup pot; mix well. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 1 hour, or until the peas are soft and thoroughly cooked.
To add a traditional smoky ham flavor, stir in 1 teaspoon of liquid smoke after the soup comes to a boil. You can find liquid smoke in the spice section of the supermarket.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.