Savory Beef Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A couple secret ingredients set this stew apart from other traditional beef stews. The honey adds a touch of sweetness and the beer not only tenderizes the meat but it adds a perfect richness to the sauce.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 to 3 pounds boneless beef chuck, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 large onions, cut into chunks
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (12-ounce) can beer
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1 tablespoon honey
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine flour and beef chunks; toss until beef is completely coated.
- In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat and brown beef 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add carrots, onions, and garlic, and cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften. Stir in beer, beef broth, steak sauce, and steak seasoning and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 1 hour, or until beef is tender. Remove from heat, stir in honey until well combined, and serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking for a no-bake homemade dessert that's perfect to cool you off during the warmer weather months? Then have to try our Blueberry-Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches! Not only will this fresh-tasting dessert keep your kitchen cool, but it's got some supermarket-shortcuts to make it less hassle too!