Mexi Stew in a Biscuit Bowl
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Say hello to stew so yummy you'll wanna eat it all because we bet you be in love at first bite with this Mexi Stew in a Biscuit Bowl.
What You'll Need
- 2 1/4 cups biscuit mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Stir together first 3 ingredients. Turn dough out onto a surface sprinkled with additional biscuit mix. Shape into a ball; knead 3 or 4 times. Divide into 6 portions.
- Invert 6 (6-ounce) ovenproof custard cups several inches apart on a rimmed baking sheet. (Or use an inverted muffin pan.) Coat bottoms of cups with nonstick cooking spray. Roll or pat each dough portion into a 6-inch circle. Place each on a custard cup; press into a bowl shape. Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Cool slightly; remove biscuit bowls to a wire rack.
- Cook ground chuck, onion, and bell pepper in a Dutch oven over medium heat until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes, beans, and chili powder.
- Bring ground chuck mixture to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 35 minutes. Spoon into biscuit bowls, and serve with desired toppings.
If you don't feel like mixing up your own biscuits. try using a 16-ounce can of jumbo refrigerated biscuits. Just follow the instructions in Step 2 of this recipe. Either way, you'll make a lasting impression with this edible presentation.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
One of the great thing about Brussels sprouts, is how many wonderful and versatile ways we can cook 'em up. Have you ever tried them pickled? Well, now's the time, with our Pickled Brussels Sprouts recipe! It's got the perfect combo of seasonings, along with just the right amount of tanginess! Chill 'em, serve 'em, and devour 'em!