We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The smoky and spicy flavor combos in our Southwestern Chowder will waft through your house tempting the whole gang to come running to the table. While this is simmering, serve up some tortilla chips and guacamole and it's a fiesta in the making.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound smoked turkey or turkey ham, cubed
- 1 to 2 large onions, chopped
- 6 cups (about 2- pound) potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 quarts water
- 2 1/2 cups (about 5- 6-ounce cans) tomato paste
- 2 cups mild picante sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) package American cheese, cubed
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine oil, turkey, and onions; cook until onions are soft. Add potatoes, water, tomato paste, and picante sauce. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer covered, about 20 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in cheese and simmer until cheese melts completely. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Chocolate Caramel Cookies are simple, decadent, and sinfully good. With each bite, you get the buttery texture from the shortbread, the ooey-gooey pull from the caramel, and the richness from the chocolate. In short, they're a real treat!