We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The smoky and spicy flavor combos in our Southwestern Chowder will waft through your house tempting the whole gang to come running to the table. While this is simmering, serve up some tortilla chips and guacamole and it's a fiesta in the making.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound smoked turkey or turkey ham, cubed
- 1 to 2 large onions, chopped
- 6 cups (about 2- pound) potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 quarts water
- 2 1/2 cups (about 5- 6-ounce cans) tomato paste
- 2 cups mild picante sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) package American cheese, cubed
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine oil, turkey, and onions; cook until onions are soft. Add potatoes, water, tomato paste, and picante sauce. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer covered, about 20 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in cheese and simmer until cheese melts completely. Serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This hearty, all-in-one, beefed-up dinner will definitely knock your lederhosen socks off! Our Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage is a German-inspired dish that features meaty ribs in a sweet and tangy sauce with lots of cabbage. It's a slow cooker dinner that'll have everyone saying, "Ach Das Schmeckt!" (That's "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!" in German!)