We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Soup's on - Mexican Style! Turn on your slow cooker and cook up a flavorful Mexican Stew to serve up to family and friends. Pair it with a side of homemade cornbread, and you've got a real good feast on your hands!
What You'll Need
- 3 pounds stew beef
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 (10-1/2-ounce) cans condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 6 tablespoons chopped picked jalapenos
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Sour cream
What to Do
- Cut larger pieces of stew beef into bite-sized pieces. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add half the beef, and cook 8 minutes or until browned on all sides. Repeat with remaining oil and beef.
- Place meat in a 5-quart slow cooker. Add tomato paste, beef broth, and next 6 ingredients. Stir well to blend.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 7 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Add to slow cooker; increase heat to HIGH setting, and cook, uncovered, 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring several times. Top stew with chopped cilantro, and serve with sour cream.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Say hello to Your Family's Favorite Meatloaf recipe! Unlike other meatloaves that are sort of dry and tasteless, this one is super juicy and packed with flavor inside and out. And the combo of the bacon and the glaze makes this truly irresistible.