Mushrooms Mexico Mole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mole is a traditional Mexican sauce recipe that we use here for a unique dish that's simply addicting. It has an interesting blend of ingredients, including chocolate milk, cashews, salsa, onions, and more that all come together to make one amazing dish.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup salted cashews, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 pound sliced fresh white mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chocolate milk
- 1/2 cup mild chunky salsa
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt, or to taste
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
What to Do
- In a food processor, process 1/2 cup cashews until finely ground; set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook onions 8 to 10 minutes, until slightly browned. Add remaining ingredients except peas and cashews. Cook uncovered, about 10 minutes, or until the liquid begins to thicken. Add peas and ground cashews and cook 4 minutes, or until peas are tender and the liquid is thick.
- Sprinkle with remaining cashews just before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 364
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 25g 38 %
- Saturated Fat 4.4g 22 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 12g 24 %
- Cholesterol 3.8mg 1 %
- Sodium 521mg 22 %
- Total Carbohydrates 30g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.1g 20 %
- Sugars 12g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Chilled Stacked Salad is a colorful and easy make-ahead layered salad that is perfect for easy summer entertaining. It's among our favorite easy salad recipes for potluck parties. We know once you start stacking, you'll never want to stop!