We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Looking for a satisfying one-pot meal? You've found it!
What You'll Need:
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes, broken up, undrained
- 4 cups water
- 2 bottles (8 ounces each) clam juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 8 ounces ditalini (or other small pasta shape)
- 1 can (14-1/4 ounces) okra, drained, or 1 frozen package (10 ounces), thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, broken up
- 2 cans (4-1/4 ounces each) baby shrimp, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) boned crabmeat, drained
What To Do:
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, sauté the garlic and onion in the butter until golden, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, water, clam juice, salt, oregano, bay leaves, hot pepper sauce, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and Cajun seasoning. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 40 minutes.
- Bring to a boil, gradually add the pasta, reduce the heat to medium, and cook, covered, for about 15 minutes, or until the pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Remove the bay leaves before serving.
For more of a "kick," double the Cajun seasoning.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We paired two American favorites to make one outrageously good summer recipe. Our Mac & Cheese Burger is a big juicy burger that's topped with lettuce, pickles, bacon, and...macaroni and cheese! Make these burgers at your next cookout and we're sure you'll have the most interesting burgers on the block!