We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're looking for a way to get those Southwestern flavors you love into your diet, then we suggest taking a peek at this homemade stew recipe that has the perfect blend of spices and ingredients. Our Southwest Stew heats up over the stove for a few hours to really get those spices blending just how you like 'em.
What You'll Need
- 3 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 pounds fresh mushrooms, cut in half
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 (4-ounce) cans chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine the steak and flour; toss to evenly coat the steak.
- In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until browned on all sides; stirring constantly. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer 2 to 2-1/2 hours, or until the beef is fork-tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 307
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 13g 19 %
- Saturated Fat 1.6g 8 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 52g 104 %
- Cholesterol 23mg 8 %
- Sodium 1,523mg 63 %
- Total Carbohydrates 30g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 6.4g 26 %
- Sugars 9.7g 0 %