We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Eating at home will feel like dining at an Italian bistro with this hearty taste of Italy. Boun appetito!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 1/2 pounds veal chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 green bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound spaghetti
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour with the salt and black pepper; dredge the veal chunks in the mixture.
- Heat the oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the coated veal and cook until light golden, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic, onion, and green peppers and cook for 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Add the chicken broth, tomatoes with juice, red wine, oregano, basil, red pepper, and sugar, reduce the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti to desired doneness; drain.
- Serve the veal mixture over the spaghetti.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lookin' for just the right easy dinner recipe to keep your hubby happy? Then our recipe for Newlyweds' Pot Roast might just do the trick. Pop in a movie and get cozy while the pot roast simmers and get ready for those delicious aromas to start wafting from room to room. There's nothing like a homemade pot roast to show your loved one how much you care.