We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The Cubano or Cuban Sandwich is a popular ethnic favorite in Miami's Little Havana, and it is easy to recreate at home. We recommend serving these up with crunchy plantain chips for extra tasty enjoyment.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1 loaf Cuban bread, sliced in half horizontally (see Note)
- 8 thin dill pickle slices
- 1/2 pound deli baked ham, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound deli roast pork, thinly sliced
- 8 slices (1/2 pound) Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
What to Do
- Spread mustard evenly on both sides of bread. Layer bottom half with pickles, ham, pork then cheese. Replace top half of bread and cut into 4 sandwiches.
- Spread butter on top and bottom of sandwiches and grill in a hot panini press or grill pan until cheese is melted and bread is golden. Slice in half and serve immediately.
You can use Italian or French bread instead of Cuban, if you prefer.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 569
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 28g 43 %
- Saturated Fat 16g 79 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 43g 85 %
- Cholesterol 122mg 41 %
- Sodium 1,672mg 70 %
- Total Carbohydrates 35g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 6 %
- Sugars 3.8g 0 %
- Carolina Shredded Chicken Sandwich
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Old-Fashioned Patty Melts
- Sausage, Pepper, and Onion Sandwich
- Black Angus Steak Sandwich
- Open Faced Avocado Sandwiches
- Copycat TGI Friday's French Dip
- Game Day Roast Beef Sliders
- Spinach and Cheese Stromboli
- Spinach and Artichoke Calzones